From: Jamie Dobbs <jamie.dobbs@×××××××××.nz>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-amd64] OT: CPU Temperature
Date: Sat, 15 Oct 2005 18:28:34
1 I built myself an AMD64 based system a week ago using the following
2 components:
3
4 Albatron K8NF4U motherboard
5 AMD Athlon 64 3200+ (Socket 939)
6 1GB DDR Memory
7 Albatron TC6200 video card
8
9 Motherboard sensors indicate that the CPU core is running at a constant
10 65 degrees Celcius and this figure does not change more than a degree
11 no matter what is being done, it only increased to 66 degrees C while
12 doing a compile of xorg, kde and gnome which took a few hours.
13
14 Should I be worried about these figures? The heatsink feels only
15 slightly warm to the touch and I am sure it is seated correctly so I
16 wonder if the BIOS is reporting the right temperatures. Does anyone have
17 the same board that can help me out here?
18
19 Can anyone point me in the right direction to find out what the
20 "acceptable" temperature range for my CPU is?
21
22 Cheers
23
24 Jamie