From: Frank Peters <frank.peters@×××××××.net>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-amd64] Glibc-2.10.1 Breaks Pdnsd
Date: Mon, 18 May 2009 20:35:36
1 I just updated my system glibc to version 2.10.1 and this update
2 seems to have broken my caching name server pdnsd.
3
4 A caching name server stores all recent DNS lookups into a local cache
5 so that any subsequent lookups of the same address are much faster.
6 The caching name server I use is pdnsd because it preserves all DNS
7 lookups at system shutdown.
8
9 But now pdnsd does not work and the only change has been the new
10 glibc update. Re-emerging pdnsd with the new glibc does not fix
11 this. Before I file yet another bug report I want to request
12 a confirmation. Are there any pdnsd users that have updated glibc to
13 2.10.1 and now have a broken pdnsd?
14
15 Until this problem is resolved I have switched to using named from
16 the BIND package as a caching name server, but named is a heavyweight
17 compared to pdnsd and does not preserve the cache at shutdown.
18
19 Frank Peters