From: Daniel Gryniewicz <dang@g.o>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] binary 32-bit libs, LDPATH questions
Date: Mon, 26 Sep 2005 21:30:35
1 On Mon, 2005-09-26 at 16:44 -0400, Richard Freeman wrote:
2
3 <snip>
4 > However, for some odd reason, openoffice-bin gets confused when it tries
5 > to run. I have no idea why the linker would even look at the NX
6 > libraries unless they were referenced by the binary, but this might just
7 > be revealing my ignorance of linux dynamic linking. I had an older
8 > version of openoffice-bin installed at one point, which ran fine until I
9 > installed the NX binaries. So obviously everything they need to run is
10 > there, but the addition of the NX libs is confusing something.
11 >
12 > Can anybody shed some light on what my problem is?
13
14 Best guess is that /usr/NX/lib is listed before /emul/linux/x86/usr/lib
15 in ld.so.conf, and so 32-bit programs trying to resolve the X libs get
16 the NX libs rather than the emul-linux-x86-xlibs. (NX provides X libs)
17 Try moving the /etc/env.d/ file that provides the /usr/NX LDPATH to
18 after (higher number prefix) the 04multilib file?
19
20 Daniel
23 gentoo-amd64@g.o mailing list