From: Rodrigo Gnoatto Amaral <rodrigo.g.amaral@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Video cards
Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2005 18:38:27
1 I have a nvidia fx5200, blender works perfectly. I'm using kernel
2 2.6.13 with the last driver release. And games work just fine too.
3
4 2005/12/13, Michal Žeravík <michalz@×××××××.com>:
5 > only problem i can see in nvidia-driver is power management - suspend
6 > doesn't work.
7 >
8 > michal
12 > Zac wrote:
13 > I had a nvidia 6600GT that worked flawlessly. I didn't use Blender , but I
14 > was able to play Doom3 as well as multiple windows games through Cedega with
15 > frame rates comperable to windows (Doom3 actually ran smoother). I had
16 > gotten it last December and a bad power supply of mine took it out. I have
17 > fallen back to my old ATI Radeon9800pro and now have to boot back to windows
18 > to play my games. I think you can get the 6600 online for around $150 these
19 > days.
20 >
21 > -Zac