From: Sebastian Redl <sebastian.redl@×××××××××××.at>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] I don't want mplayer-bin to play vmw files!
Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2006 00:17:16
1 Jerônimo Backes wrote:
2
3 > I have a amd64 machine, with a 64-bit installation. And I HATE
4 > mplayer. I don't want to use it to play movies, but for the wmv and
5 > other formats only supported by win32codecs, I have no options.
6 > There's only the 32 bit version of mplayer available, and only a 32
7 > bit player can use win32codecs.
8 >
9 > Can I compile some other player (like Totem, Kaffeine, Xine) as 32
10 > bit? If not, how can I install any 32 bit player other than mplayer?
11
12 I don't know if Gentoo offers anything, but failing that, you can always
13 just download a 32-bit binary of xine and a player based on it, and use
14 that. Ought to work without problems.
15
16 Sebastian Redl
17 --
18 gentoo-amd64@g.o mailing list