From: Ryan Rice <rrice@××××××.com>
To: Gentoo <gentoo-amd64@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-amd64] Memory Limit
Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2006 14:50:08
1 I am having a problem putting 32GB or more of RAM into my system with
2 Gentoo.
3
4 I can install Gentoo (2005.1 r1) perfectly fine even on 30GB or lower,
5 once I get up in to the OS, if I shut down the machine and stock it up
6 to 64GB, when the system comes back online, and goes to boot the kernel
7 out of the loader, the system resets itself and goes back to POST. Any
8 ideas?
9
10 I've even tried to re-compile to kernel 2.6.15.4 and that gives me a
11 panic citing an Oops! Attempted to kill init!
12
13 Let me know if you'd like more detail.
14
15 Thanks.
19 God Bless,
20
21 Ryan A. Rice
22 Operations Manager
23 i*hydra, Where Price and Power Converge.
24 http://www.ihydra.com
25 rrice@××××××.com
26 Toll Free: (866)-433-1238
27 Cell: (207)-333-1258