From: Frank Peters <frank.peters@×××××××.net>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Re: USB Scanner Problems with Newer Kernels/Libusb [Solved]
Date: Tue, 12 Nov 2013 00:03:41
1 On Sat, 9 Nov 2013 19:53:02 -0600
2 Barry Schwartz <chemoelectric@×××××××××××××.org> wrote:
5 > It is nice to know how to dump e?udev, just in case; and I also use a scanner.
8 I just want to add a parting shot to this thread.
9
10 I have several scanners and laser printers, all USB, that have not
11 been supported under Microsoft Windows for some time. No MS drivers are
12 available for these devices. On various MS Windows forums many people
13 ask in vain about obtaining such drivers.
14
15 But under Linux all my scanners and printers continue to work without problem,
16 and most likely will continue to work for many years to come.
17
18 This just underscores the difference between proprietary and open source
19 software.
20
21 Frank Peters