From: Simon Stelling <blubb@g.o>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] About gcc 4.1.1
Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2006 11:47:23
1 Boyd Stephen Smith Jr. wrote:
2 > Yeah, but -march might be filtered by the ebuild and -mtune not; I like
3 > using both of them. Similar to this, I have multiple -O flags in my
4 > CFLAGS so the late non-filtered one is active.
5
6 This is not an argument, because when filtering such stuff, we use
7 'replace-cpu-flags' which filters all of the -march/-mtune/-mcpu
8 options. There's really no point in having them both.
9
10 The same goes for the -O filtering. Ebuild maintainers would either use
11 e.g. 'replace-flags -O* -O1' or 'filter-flags -O*' which would remove
12 all of them.
13
14 So, to put it simple: You lost. :P
17 Kind Regards,