From: Dieter Ries <clip2@×××.de>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Compositing WM
Date: Tue, 06 Feb 2007 17:26:58
1 Am Dienstag 06 Februar 2007 18:09 schrieb Mauro Maroni:
2 > Hello list:
3 Hi,
6 > Is anyone here using a compositing window manager?
7
8 Yes!
9
10 > I would like to give it a try but I have some general questions:
11 > What is the best option for a Nvidia + KDE user? Beryl? Compiz?
12
13 I am using Beryl and it's working quite well.
14
15 > Are they stable? Anything else that I should consider?
16
17 In my opinion Beryl is about 90% stable. I have some issues with switching
18 from fullscreen DOS apps like TETRIS in dosbox back to KDE, sometimes i only
19 get a black monitor and mouse, but no keyboard --> powerswitch-shutdown.
20
21 and Firefox sometimes opens an invisible window if you use Ctrl-N or
22 something, just changing to another cube-side and then opening works.
23
24 > Just wanted to hear about your experience :-)
25
26 As I said, quite good. The snow thing of beryl is gr8!
29 > Thanks,
30 > Mauro
31 cu
32 Dieter