From: Tiago Santos <ircalf@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Alsa device list
Date: Sun, 19 Apr 2009 06:53:49
1 alsa is the kind of stuff you'd like do compile as modules :)
2
3 2009/4/18 Tom <uebershark@××××××××××.com>
4
5 > > Not enough info really.
6 > >
7 > > 1) Are there sound cards in the system? (lspci)
8 > >
9 > > 2) When you say you are using the in-kernel drivers, have you built
10 > > them as modules (good) or built them into the kernel. (possibly not
11 > > good)
12 > >
13 > > 3) If they are modules, are they loaded? (lsmod)
14 > >
15 > > 4) What does the kernel tell you? (cat /proc/asound/cards)
16 > >
17 > > 6) What happens with /etc/init.d/alsasound restart?
18 > >
19 > > Post back that much and we'll see if we can make some headway...
20 > >
21 > > - Mark
22 >
23 > Yes, there is a sound card in the system. An sblive.
24 > Its working perfectly, as I pointed out.
25 >
26 > I'm just complaining about this irritating message during boot.
27 >
28 > Alsa itself is built into the kernel, all components, including the
29 > actual sblive driver are modules.
30 >
31 > These get loaded during bootup, when openrc fires /etc/init.d/alsasond.
32 >
33 > Again, the sound card works, no problems, its just about the 'wrong'
34 > message during kernel bootup.
35 >
36 > Tom