From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com>
To: Gentoo AMD64 <gentoo-amd64@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-amd64] Request for verification - Chrome new window moved to other screens is black
Date: Fri, 26 Dec 2014 13:53:19
1 Hi quiet list,
2 This is a request for anyone using Chrome, any version in portage -
3 I've tried stable, beta and unstable - to see if you see this problem.
4 It's easy to reproduce on my system.
5
6 The system I've got:
7
8 1) Gentoo 64-bit, mostly stable
9 2) Two NVidia 8400 GS VGAs driving 3 monitors using nvidia-drivers
10 3) KDE with 6 desktops + 3 screens/desktop
11
12 First, demonstrate no basic problems: open Chrome and move it around
13 to different screens on any desktop. Chrome should work fine as it
14 does here.
15
16 Second, demonstrate the problem. In the Chrome menu in the upper right
17 - 3 horizontal lines - choose New Window. Chrome pops up and looks
18 good. Move it to another screen and see if it turns black. It does on
19 my system.
20
21 The Chrome folks are looking for some verification in a bug report
22 I made here:
23
24 https://code.google.com/p/chromium/issues/detail?id=443189
25
26 If you see the problem maybe you can add some info to the bug
27 report. If you do not but have some ideas about how I might
28 reconfigure something like X to fix this I'd appreciate hearing your
29 ideas. I'm attaching my xorg.conf file if someone wants to review that
30 for possible fix-ups I might try.
31
32 Thanks,
33 Mark