From: Beso <givemesugarr@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] kdesdk-strigi-analyzer won't build
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2008 19:14:55
1 2008/9/17 Jan Jitse Venselaar <janjitse@×××××.com>:
2 > On Wednesday 17 September 2008 18:05:16 Mark Haney wrote:
3 >> Jan Jitse Venselaar wrote:
4 >> > Seems it is not possible to build kde without strigi.
5 >> >
6 >> > About the original build error though, what is your version of strigi
7 >> > merged?
8 >>
9 >> It's 9999, the one KDe4 originally wanted when I first moved to it.
10 > Ah, I have 0.5.10 merged. Maybe you can try that one. I see that kdelibs-4.1.1
11 > has as dependency <app-misc/strigi-0.6.0 so maybe the dependency changed.
14 ok, i was making some confusion. i have strigi installed but not
15 nepomuk. strigi has one problem. the old versions (0.5.10) might
16 result too old for the kde 4.1.1, but the new version needs the latest
17 cmake version (2.6.1) or else it won't build fine. so you should first
18 ascertain that cmake 2.6.1 is installed and then try rebuilding
19 strigi. strigi is one of the basic components required by
20 systemsettings, kdelibs and plasma for the search to work. if you
21 still cannot build it, then try adding the following line to your
22 /etc/portage/package.mask:
23
24 =app-misc/strigi-9999
25
26 this will block the strigi live ebuild and try to build kde4 based on
27 the old strigi, but i don't guarantee that it will work well with it.
30 dott. ing. beso