From: "Hemmann
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Quick Portage How to
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2007 19:18:05
1 On Mittwoch, 21. März 2007, Mark Haney wrote:
2 > Is there a way I can get portage to show me all the listed kernel
3 > sources I've installed? When I've removed kernel sources I no longer
4 > need because of upgrades I've just rm -rf the kernel directory. Since
5 > I've done that, I've realized that portage is probably keeping that in
6 > in world as installed and I would like to keep the portage db as clean
7 > as possible.
8 >
9 > Does that make sense?
12 yes.
13
14 Removing the sources first and unmerging after that is a lot faster than
15 unmerging first and removing the remains.
16
17 The easiest way to find out which sources are installed:
18
19 ls -l /var/db/pkg/sys-kernel
20
21 no fance tools are needed.