From: Duncan <1i5t5.duncan@×××.net>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-amd64] Re: portage ignores multilib USE flag
Date: Thu, 14 Sep 2006 20:17:06
1 Olivier Crête <tester@g.o> posted
2 1158246217.7875.9.camel@××××××××××××××××.ca, excerpted below, on Thu, 14
3 Sep 2006 11:03:37 -0400:
4
5 > On Thu, 2006-14-09 at 14:04 +0100, Ronan Klyne wrote:
6 >> I have just noticed that my system is refusing to build anything with
7 >> the multilib use flag. I don't really know where to start looking for
8 >> the source of this problem, and any help would be greatly appreciated...
9 >
10 > The multilib USE flag is deprecated, portage will now always build with
11 > multilib support.
12
13 ... unless you are running a no-multilib sub-profile, of course. Gentoo
14 wouldn't be a very good Gentoo if it didn't give folks that option. =8^)
15
16 IOW, multilib behavior is now determined by the profile, so the USE flag
17 doesn't matter and is hard locked "off".
22 and if you use the program, he is your master." Richard Stallman
25 gentoo-amd64@g.o mailing list