From: Mark Creamer <mcreamer@××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-amd64] multi-system inventory tool
Date: Sat, 06 Aug 2005 01:05:30
1 Since I suspect there are a number of sysadmins on this list, I wonder
2 has anyone seen a tool, maybe LAMP-based or similar that can be used to
3 manage server inventory specs? For example, be able to store CPU specs,
4 RAM, OS Version, IP addresses, applications installed, etc. My team and
5 I have a couple hundred servers to keep track of...Windows, Linux, AIX,
6 AS400 etc.
7
8 I thought about doing something like this on my own with one of the many
9 open source databases, but I hate to re-invent the wheel :-)
10
11 Thanks,
12 Mark
13 --