From: Xavier MOGHRABI <xavier.moghrabi@×××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-amd64] Does my profile use multilib
Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2006 08:30:16
1 Hi all,
2
3 I try configure Gentoo AMD64 on Woodcrest.
4
5 I saw in the use.desc, that the flag multilib allows to use 32bits and 64bits
6 on the same machine.
7
8 So I've added multilib in my USE viariablen but when I launch emerge -puNDv
9 world, portage tells me I have nothing to rebuild.
10
11 The problem is when I run :
12 equery uses glibc
13 [ Searching for packages matching glibc... ]
14 [ Colour Code : set unset ]
15 [ Legend : Left column (U) - USE flags from
16 make.conf ]
17 [ : Right column (I) - USE flags packages was installed
18 with ]
19 [ Found these USE variables for sys-libs/glibc-2.3.6-r4 ]
20 U I
21 - - build : !!internal use only!! DO NOT SET THIS FLAG YOURSELF!,
22 used for creating build images and the first half of bootstrapping.
23 - - erandom : Enable erandom/frandom support in glibc for ssp
24 - - glibc-compat20 : Enable the glibc-compat addon.
25 - - glibc-omitfp : Configure glibc with --enable-omitfp which lets the
26 build system determine when it is safe to use -fomit-frame-pointer
27 - - hardened : activate default security enhancements for toolchain
28 (gcc, glibc, binutils)
29 - - multilib : On 64bit systems, if you want to be able to compile
30 32bit and 64bit binaries
31 + + nls : Adds Native Language Support (using gettext - GNU locale
32 utilities)
33 + + nptl : Enable support for Native POSIX Threads Library, the new
34 threading module (requires linux-2.6 or better usually)
35 - - nptlonly : Disables building the linuxthreads fallback in glibc
36 ebuilds that support building both linuxthreads and nptl.
37 - - profile : Adds profile support to builds of packages (will likely
38 vary from ebuild to ebuild in support)
39 - - selinux : !!internal use only!! Security Enhanced Linux support,
40 this must be set by the selinux profile or breakage will occur
41
42 That seems that multilib is not working on my system.
43
44 I use the profile :
45 /usr/portage/profiles/default-linux/amd64/2006.0
46
47 I've read that the default configuration should support multilib
48 (http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/gentoo-amd64-faq.xml)
49
50 What is wrong ?
53 Xavier MOGHRABI - Consortium ObjectWeb
54 Jabber: moghrabi@××××××××××××××××.org - Phone: +33 4 76 61 52 35
55 --
56 gentoo-amd64@g.o mailing list