From: Duncan <1i5t5.duncan@×××.net>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-amd64] Re: grub fs support
Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2009 18:52:55
1 Wil Reichert <wil.reichert@×××××.com> posted
2 7a329d910901260906o48cd0908w5760bf08444b863e@××××××××××.com, excerpted
3 below, on Mon, 26 Jan 2009 09:06:25 -0800:
4
5 > *grub-static-0.97-r9 (03 Jan 2009)
6 >
7 > 03 Jan 2009; Christoph Mende <angelos@g.o>
8 > +grub-static-0.97-r9.ebuild:
9 > Version bump to match sys-boot/grub
10
11 And, from the grub changelog...
12
13 *grub-0.97-r9 (02 Jan 2009)
14
15 02 Jan 2009; Robin H. Johnson <robbat2@g.o> +grub-0.97-r9.ebuild:
16 Ext4 funtime for grub-0.97 series. Remember to reinstall it in your MBR.
19 Ext4 funtime... That's not a reference? Want to borrow my glasses? I
20 wear contacts most of the time so could loan them to you... =8^)
21
22 Just teasing! No hard feelings!
23
24 Yeah, "Ext4" != "ext4" and the grep or whatever failed, but when it
25 begins a sentence...
26
27 But it'd be easy enough to miss... except that I've gotten in the habit
28 of checking the changelogs for "core" packages, particularly when they're
29 -rX updates as those are Gentoo, not upstream, and it can be useful
30 knowing what the Gentoo devs figured was important enough for a revision
31 bump thus causing everybody the time of a remerge, and how that obviously
32 important development might affect stuff a sysadmin like you or me is
33 likely to be worried about. Grub's necessary to boot, so it's "core"
34 for /this/ sysadmin's purposes, and when I saw it in my upgrade list, I
35 checked the changelog to see why and if it meant I had to change
36 something at my end, and thus I saw the mention of [eE]xt4.
41 and if you use the program, he is your master." Richard Stallman