From: Kyle Liddell <kyle@××××××××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] xorg Dual-Head Layout with nv-Driver?
Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2005 17:24:22
What kernel/video card/nvidia driver version/motherboard/etc are you
using?  Anything special in your X config file?  Do you have sideband
addressing or fastwrites enabled?  If it happens while emerging, prehaps
your CPU is getting hot enough that your video card gets too much heat
going on and locks up?  Does it only happen with TwinView, or with a
single monitor with the nvidia driver?  Do you have a power hungry video
card and a small power supply?
I'm using the nvidia driver with my geforce 6800gt and I've had no
problems at all.  I haven't used TwinView since I got back home from
school (no desk space for an extra monitor) but it worked fine for me.
The only time I have any problems is when I enable the "EXPERIMENTAL!
USE AT YOUR OWN RISK!" XRender hardware acceleration.