From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Drivers For USB HDD
Date: Mon, 07 May 2012 18:03:09
1 On Mon, May 7, 2012 at 8:21 AM, Paul Hartman
2 <paul.hartman+gentoo@×××××.com> wrote:
3 > On Mon, May 7, 2012 at 10:00 AM, Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com> wrote:
4 >> here are 3 or now I
5 >> think 4 different USB specs - EHCI, OHCI, UHCI, and then whatever USB
6 >> 3.0 is using
7 >
8 > XHCI
9 >
10 > Furthermore, USB 3.0 has 9-pin ports and cables (for type-A) versus
11 > the 4-pin of USB 1/2. The USB 3.0 sockets are backward-compatible with
12 > older USB devices and cables, but older USB cables are not
13 > forward-compatible with USB 3.0.
16 Good point. None of my USB 2.0 drives work in my USB 3.0 port. I do
17 have a USB 3.0 drivers, supposedly, and one drive that claims to be
18 eSata/USB 3.0 compatible, but I've not tried to get it working using
19 USB 3.0.
20
21 - Mark