From: Kyle Liddell <kyle@××××××××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-amd64] Anybody having trouble with the via-velocity driver on 2.6.29?
Date: Wed, 01 Apr 2009 06:06:48
1 Greetings.
2
3 After upgrading the kernel from 2.6.28-gentoo-r3 to 2.6.29, I'm having a weird problem:
4 If I make "light" use of the network (ssh, email, http, etc), no trouble. But, if I make "heavy" use of the network (say, copying a few GB from a local NFS server to /dev/null), the network interface stops working almost immediately. ifconfig, mii-tool, the NIC's led, and the switch's LED all say that the link is still up. But, all my connections time out, ping gets no replies, etc.
5 (I'm using the via-velocity driver for my motherboard's built-in 1GB NIC.)
6
7 Is anybody else seeing anything strange like this?
8 (And, now that I've typed up this message, I realize that it could be NFS, or something else, and not the NIC driver... off to test those.)