From: Steven Lembark <lembark@×××××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Cc: lembark@×××××××.com
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Keyboard Stops Working Under X
Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2012 06:03:31
1 On Wed, 14 Nov 2012 16:45:27 -0500
2 Frank Peters <frank.peters@×××××××.net> wrote:
3
4 > It's a software problem. When the keyboard stops I can immediately
5 > shut down X and it will be working. The hardware is not the fault.
6
7 Could be that the software is getting kicked into a lockup
8 state by flakey hardware returning invalid values. Be nice
9 if the driver would successfully reject all bad input, but
10 there is no guarantee that pushing white noise into it
11 won't put it into a locked up state.
12
13 And, yes, I've learned that the hard way :-)
16 Steven Lembark 3646 Flora Pl
17 Workhorse Computing St Louis, MO 63110
18 lembark@×××××××.com +1 888 359 3508