From: Mark Haney <mhaney@××××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-amd64] Problems after Xorg 7.1.1 upgrade
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2006 11:32:42
1 I upgraded my system to Xorg 7.1.1 yesterday and when I booted this
2 morning KDE doesn't start. In the Xorg.0.log just after loading the
3 kbd_drv.so module I get:
7 (EE) No Drivers Available
11 Fatal server error:
12
13 No screens found
17 I've double checked my xorg.conf, it's the same one I used in 7.0. I
18 wouldn't think there'd be that much difference in the conf files. I am
19 running this on a laptop that has an ATI radeon Xpress 200M and in the
20 xorg.conf file I was using the 'ati' driver instead of 'fglrx' since I
21 never could make that work. I instead switched that to 'radeon' but no
22 effect. I get no other details out of the log file, so now I'm stuck.
26 Can someone help me out?
33
34 Mark Haney
35