From: Duncan <1i5t5.duncan@×××.net>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-amd64] Re: chrrot'ed environment not available to users
Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2006 10:17:15
Tres Melton posted <1143674069.1810.9.camel@×××××××××.org>, excerpted
below,  on Wed, 29 Mar 2006 16:14:29 -0700:

> Not to knock Billy's idea as it seems valid too but I use a script file: > > #!/bin/bash > # > # Written and Copyright by Tres Melton (2005)
If you are going to attribute and copyright (a good idea), please add at least some indication of licensing terms as well. GPL (2? 2+?), BSD, whatever, including a link to the standard license where appropriate. If you don't, it puts anyone using it in potential legal difficulty. Not that you'd bother or that it'd be more than trivial for something like this anyway, but if it's worth putting the copyright and attribution line in there, it's worth a license line as well, just to cover the legal bases. You may also wish to include a contact link, email or web site (presumably with contact info thereon) or the like. After all, anyone caring about the copyright or author probably has a reason they are caring, which may well include a desire to get in contact with you, either to comment, or to ask for further permissions. -- Duncan - List replies preferred. No HTML msgs. "Every nonfree program has a lord, a master -- and if you use the program, he is your master." Richard Stallman in -- gentoo-amd64@g.o mailing list

Subject Author
[gentoo-amd64] Better Chroot system Mike Arthur <mike@×××××××××××××.uk>