From: Barry.SCHWARTZ@×××××××××××××.org
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] openoffice 2 compiles?
Date: Tue, 08 Nov 2005 17:32:34
Hanno Meyer-Thurow <h.mth@×××.de> skribis:
> Sebastian Redl <sebastian.redl@×××××××××××.at> wrote: > > Well, I disagree that the code needs a full rewrite. Why? All it needs > > is correcting all places where it attempts to store pointers in 32-bit > > variables.... > > I am no programmer and what you say sure is correct but of what i listened > from some OOo devs is that some parts (big or small) need rewrite to > get stable on amd64.
I speak programmer. This is jargon meaning the code is so complicated and/or so poorly understood that it might be easier, faster, more reliable, better in the long run, and more personally rewarding to rewrite. :) -- Barry.SCHWARTZ@×××××××××××××.org Esperantistoj rajtas skribi al Barijo.SXVARCO@×××××××××××××.org 'And now we're going to go try to comfort people in that part of the world.' -- Bush, referring to the southeastern U.S.

Subject Author
Re: [gentoo-amd64] openoffice 2 compiles? Sebastian Redl <sebastian.redl@×××××××××××.at>