From: Mark Haney <mhaney@××××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Re: kdelibs insanity
Date: Fri, 31 Jul 2009 14:03:32
1 Alex Alexander wrote:
2 > Something is fishy, those blocks are meant to tell you you're trying
3 > to mix qt versions which is *not* supported.
4 >
5 > There are a few things you can do to get rid of this once and for all:
6 > - make sure your /var/lib/portage/world has no references to qt (4)
7 > - make sure your emerge commands won't try to fetch only part of qt
8 >
9 >>> octavian ~ # ACCEPT_KEYWORDS="~amd64" emerge -uav qt-svg qt-sql qt-dbus qt-gui qt-core qt-test qt-assistant
10 >
11 > why would you ever want to do that? its easy to end up with mixed versions :S
12 >
13 > # remove all qt4 (not necessary, anyway)
14 > emerge -aC `eix --only-names -I x11-libs/qt-`
15 > # remove qt meta package just in case
16 > emerge -aC x11-libs/qt:4
17 > # let dependencies pull qt, don't pull it yourself...
18 > emerge -avDuN world
19 >
20 > http://www.linuxized.com/2009/06/upgrading-qt-libraries-in-gentoo-with-portage/
21 >
22 > --
23 > Alex Alexander || wired
24 > Gentoo Linux Developer
25 > http://www.linuxized.com
29 But I'm not. The packages I am trying to upgrade are the only packages
30 installed on my system. I should uninstall packages that don't exist on
31 my system to make this work?
32
33 It doesn't matter, I finally just blew away everything and am starting over.
39 Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum
40
41 Mark Haney
42 Sr. Systems Administrator
43 ERC Broadband