From: JimD <Jim@×××××××××××××××××.org>
To: Gentoo-AMD64 <gentoo-amd64@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-amd64] Firefox Plugins
Date: Sun, 26 Mar 2006 03:18:15
I am using the 32-bit version of firefox, mozilla-firefox-bin.  This
lets me use Macromedia's flash plugin.  I am also using the 32-bit
version of mplayer so I can use the win32 codecs.

On my previous system that was x86 I used mplayerplug-in and it was
able to handle just about any of the video files I would come across on
the web.

Is there anyway I can use mplayerplug-in now with amd64?  I tried to
emerge mplayerplug-in.  However emerge wanted to compile mplayer which
would be 64-bit and not work with Firefox or the win32 codecs.  If I
compile Firefox, then I will also lose flash.

Is there any setup for amd64 users to be able to watch videos on the
web?  I also want to be able to watch videos on my computer as well as