From: Barry.SCHWARTZ@×××××××××××××.org
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Giving up 64 platform
Date: Sun, 23 Apr 2006 16:14:12
1 Allan Spagnol Comar <allan.comar@×××××.com> skribis:
2 > An answer to end. It's worth to use gentoo x86 on a AMD64, or should I
3 > run a binary distribution ?
4
5 That’s really a matter of taste. I, personally, would stay with
6 Gentoo; if I were using Fedora or SuSE I’d soon be throwing things at
7 the monitor.
8
9 Note that most troublesome programs can be run in a 32-bit chroot and
10 will work just fine. The price is extra complexity, set-up, and
11 maintenance. Also a few programs, like dosemu (but not wine), need a
12 ‘real’ x86 installation.
15 Barry.SCHWARTZ at chemoelectric.org http://www.chemoelectric.org
16 Esperantistoj rajtas skribi al Bojo ĉe chemoelectric.org.
17 'Democracies don't war; democracies are peaceful countries.' - Bush
18 (http://www.whitehouse.gov/news/releases/2005/12/20051219-2.html)