From: David Pyke <dpyke@××××××××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: RE: [gentoo-amd64] beryl on AMD64
Date: Tue, 06 Feb 2007 18:44:28
1 I haven't personally tried it but there are a few threads on the forums that
2 say it's possible. It will likely be slower than fglrx but give it a shot.
3
4 This thread should give you pointers.
5 http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t-533752-start-0-postdays-0-postorder-asc
6 -highlight-.html
7
8 -----Original Message-----
9 From: Mark Knecht [mailto:markknecht@×××××.com]
10 Sent: Tuesday, February 06, 2007 1:29 PM
11 To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
12 Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] beryl on AMD64
13
14 Thanks David.
15
16 I notice that many/most folks who have talked about it seem to run NVidia. I
17 have an ATI. Any reason you know why it won't run, or won't run well, on
18 ATI? I'm using the ATI driver form the kernel. Does its lack of 3D
19 acceleration rule out beryl?
20
21 Thanks,
22 Mark