From: Paul de Vrieze <pauldv@g.o>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Time zone funkiness
Date: Wed, 01 Feb 2006 13:15:25
1 On Wednesday 01 February 2006 14:04, Mark Haney wrote:
2 > For some reason my clock in KDE has gone screwy. I have it set in BIOS
3 > for EST (I'm in NC), yet in KDE the zone is set to UTC. WHen I change
4 > it to EST, the clock changes from 8:03 (current time) to 1:03. I can't
5 > seem to set it back correctly, even using ntp. Has anyone else seen
6 > this problem?
7
8 Is your timezone properly specified by /etc/localtime? And did you specify
9 in the boot scripts that your system is not utc based. There is also a
10 kernel option to say that the system clock runs UTC. If you don't run
11 UTC, you obviously shouldn't use the option.
12
13 Paul
16 Paul de Vrieze
17 Gentoo Developer