From: Frank Peters <frank.peters@×××××××.net>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Drivers For USB HDD
Date: Mon, 07 May 2012 15:03:14
On Mon, 07 May 2012 12:51:58 +0200
Thomas Rösner <thomas.roesner@××××××××××××××.de> wrote:

> > What you also need is sd (which creates the accordingly > named /dev/sd? device). >
Since I use SATA exclusively, sd is built in to the kernel. As Paul Hartman has indicated, all that should be necessary are the sg and usb-storage modules. The Seagate drive has already been returned to the seller. I am expecting a Western Digital Elements 2TB USB HDD to arrive in a few days. If this new drive also fails then I will post more information. Frank Peters

Subject Author
Re: [gentoo-amd64] Drivers For USB HDD Frank Peters <frank.peters@×××××××.net>