From: "P.V.Anthony" <pvantony@×××××××××××.sg>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] USB to Serial adapter setup
Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2007 15:43:32
1 Mark Haney wrote:
2 > I've got a USB to Serial adapter I want to use in Gentoo to talk to my
3 > Cisco devices via console, however, none of the docs I"ve found are very
4 > current (most for the 2.4 kernel), can someone point me to a good set of
5 > instructions on how to get this thing working? I've got the module
6 > compiled and installed but can't get any farther.
7
8 Which usb to serial adapter did you buy? I want to buy one to hook up a
9 fax modem. I heard that there are problems with linux for these
10 adaptors. I hope it is false.
11
12 Good fax modems are still the ones with serial ports.
13
14 P.V.Anthony
15 --
16 gentoo-amd64@g.o mailing list