From: Michael George <george@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] vmware-player fonts unreadable
Date: Sat, 10 Mar 2007 19:31:54
1 On Sat, Mar 10, 2007 at 02:05:33PM -0500, Richard Freeman wrote:
3 > Hash: SHA1
4 >
5 > Michael George wrote:
6 > >
7 > > BTW, I am googling and not finding anything immediately obvious. I'll
8 > > keep looking...
9 >
10 > I had a similar problem recently with vmware-server-console - everything
11 > went to boxes. It went away when I emerged app-emulation/
12 > emul-linux-x86-gtklibs-10.0-r1. I think the problem was that I emerged
13 > all the other v10 emul-linux libs but this one had failed with a symlink
14 > problem and I had been putting it off. Once I got the gtklibs upgraded
15 > it worked fine.
16
17 That was it! I had the qt3 USE flag set in make.conf. Turning that off
18 (leaving qt4) and rebuilding the package made the difference.
19
20 Thanks a bunch!
23 -M
24
25 There are 10 kinds of people in this world:
26 Those who can count in binary and those who cannot.
27 --
28 gentoo-amd64@g.o mailing list