From: Duncan <1i5t5.duncan@×××.net>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-amd64] Re: Obligatory FF3 question.
Date: Fri, 20 Jun 2008 04:32:12
1 anorexicsumo <anorexicsumo@×××××.com> posted
2 10d431920806190755x454684e1j8fa85cefe7e13f3a@××××××××××.com, excerpted
3 below, on Thu, 19 Jun 2008 10:55:49 -0400:
4
5 > icedtea is in java-overlay now. I haven't had a chance to test it yet,
6 > but icedtea-6.1.2 builds for me.
7 >
8 > Does anyone know why cups is pulled as well?
9
10 I don't know but I can speculate... I'd guess it's Java printing
11 features. They'd likely be controlled by USE flags that you have off for
12 in-tree Java, but the overlay/icedtea version likely doesn't have it
13 separated out and USE flag controllable yet. It may or may not be easily
14 possible to do so later.
19 and if you use the program, he is your master." Richard Stallman
22 gentoo-amd64@l.g.o mailing list