From: Raffaele BELARDI <raffaele.belardi@××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] server setting up funny interfaces
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2008 13:29:37
1 Mark Haney wrote:
2 > I've got a server doing something weird with it's network interfaces.
3 > It's got one NIC in it, and from the live CD it sees that NIC as ETH0.
4 >
5 > However, no matter what I do on boot from the HDD, it sees that
6 > interface as ETH1. Even though it was originally setup as ETH0. And
7 > now, on a reboot, none of the networking services starts up because the
8 > system thinks eth0 does not exist.
9
10 Check
11 /etc/udev/rules.d/70-persistent-net.rules
12
13 there will probably be another interface with the "eth0" name. Just
14 delete it and move the eth0 name to your current interface.
15
16 raf