From: Duncan <1i5t5.duncan@×××.net>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-amd64] Re: Wifi adaptor recommendations
Date: Wed, 01 Jun 2016 12:41:57
1 Duncan posted on Sun, 29 May 2016 10:55:30 +0000 as excerpted:
2
3 > Duncan posted on Tue, 24 May 2016 21:47:57 +0000 as excerpted:
4 >
5 >> But, unless it's effectively an Ethernet connected router, so no
6 >> drivers,
7 >> I'll need to pick it up and install drivers and a wifi config before I
8 >> actually move, so I don't get stuck needing a connection to get the
9 >> drivers to use /for/ the connection.
10 >
11 > Hmm, Fry's seems to have a...
12 >
13 > Netgear WNCE3001 Wireless Dual-Band Internet Adapter for Smart TV and
14 > Blu-
15 > ray
16 >
17 > http://www.frys.com/product/6776745
18 >
19 > It's a dual-band N600 "bridge", with a single Ethernet port to plug in
20 > whatever Ethernet device and connect it wirelessly.
21
22 Well I got it yesterday, and today's the move. I'll be signing off the
23 net here and unplugging in a few minutes. With some luck I'll be back
24 on, using the bridge, 2nite or 2morrow. If I'm missing a few days (or
25 months, but I can't see that happening), you know things didn't go as
26 planned...
31 and if you use the program, he is your master." Richard Stallman