From: Simon Strandman <simon.strandman@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-amd64] Compiling mozilla/firefox with -O2
Date: Mon, 07 Nov 2005 15:23:14
The mozconfig eclass strips flags down to -O1 on amd64 with the
explanation "more than -O1 causes segfaults on 64-bit (bug 33767)". That
bug is two years old and we have a much improved amd64 toolchain since.
I've been compiling firefox and and mozilla with -O2 and -Os for quite
some time and never had any problems at all. And this is also what
binary distros does. I opened a bug about it but nobody responded:

So please test compiling firefox and other mozilla apps with -O2 and
respond to that bug so this can be fixed!

Simon Strandman <simon.strandman@×××××.com>