From: "Marcus D. Hanwell" <cryos@g.o>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Grace ploting
Date: Wed, 26 Oct 2005 20:33:14
1 On Tuesday 25 October 2005 20:25, George Deligeorgis wrote:
2 > Hi there everybody,
3 > I've been working with grace-5.1.18 for quite some time know on an
4 > AMD64 gentoo. This pavkage is masked with the ~amd64 keyword.
5 > It is my understanding that we guys using this program are supposed to
6 > report back if everything is working fine.
7 > Well here I am: It works great!
8 > I have extensively checked the piping interface as well and that works.
9 > So if there is anybody out there that agrees/disagrees let us be heard!
10 > If I am supposed to file a report about this please somebody instruct me
11 > where and how.
12 >
13 I use grace quite a lot myself for work, and have a few papers with grace
14 plots in them too, as well as several conference papers ;) Usually to
15 stabilise you should file a bug, and the maintainer must OK stabilisation. I
16 had a quick word with the maintainer and am also a member of the sci herd.
17
18 grace-5.1.18 is now stable, but in future please use bugzilla to request
19 package stabilisation.
20
21 Thanks,
22
23 Marcus
24 --
25 Gentoo Linux Developer
26 Scientific Applications | AMD64 | KDE | net-proxy