From: Samir Mishra <sqmishra@×××.ae>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-amd64] glibc-2.3.6-r3/glibc-2.4-r1 Compile Fail
Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2006 07:38:15
1 [Trying to get this message on to mailing list one more time (sigh)...
2 apologies in advance if duplicates of this message show up on mailing
3 list some time in the future.]
4
5 Hello all,
6
7 The installation CD is still in the drive, I started installation with a
8 stage3-amd64+multilib-2006.0 and have thus far only upgraded gcc-3.4.4-?
9 to gcc-3.4.5.
10
11 I'm trying to set up a hardened system with gcc-4.1.0 &
12 glibc-2.3.6/glibc-2.4 is a prerequisite. Unfortunately compile of
13 glibc-2.3.6-r3 is dying with a "_rtld_global_ro" error. And glibc-2.4.r1
14 is also failing. I would very much appreciate hearing from anyone who's
15 been successful in installing a similar setup.
16
17 I'll gladly provide more details as needed, reason I haven't done so in
18 this email because this seems to be an error that tends to pop up
19 frequently.
20
21 TIA.
22 Samir.