From: Nuitari <nuitari@××××××××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] vmware-player fonts unreadable
Date: Sat, 10 Mar 2007 15:35:42
1 > > > > I noticed that my realplayer also has the same problems, so I don't
2 > > > > think it's a vmware-specific issue...
3 > > > >
4 > > > > Hmm...
5 > > >
6 > > > Check your GTK font settings.
7 > >
8 > > Umm... how? =A0I've never messed with them, they've always "just
9 > > worked"...
10 >
11 > I adjust them via kde control center (there was a dedicated package I=20
12 > installed to provide access to GTK settings which I don't recall at this=20
13 > time, sorry)
14 > Goggle may be of some help
15
16 When my mozilla-firefox-bin fonts were messed up it turned out to be the
17 RenderAccel setting in my xorg.conf, though this only applies if you use
18 the binary nvidia drivers.
19 --
20 gentoo-amd64@g.o mailing list