From: Tobias Hommel <gentoo@××××××××××××××××××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] stale files clean
Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2007 18:31:10
1 On Mon, Nov 26, 2007 at 04:53:19PM +0100, Beso wrote:
2 > i'd like to do a thorough clean of my system, since i still get some
3 > problems with orphaned and stale files. is there a script or something that
4 > could help me do this?! i usually do manual remove when i remove a package
5 > from the system but this is getting more and more time losing.
6 > so if there's an automated way i'd be glad to try it out.
7 >
8 Try this one: http://gentoo-wiki.com/TIP_Clean_Up_Cruft
9 You'll have to be careful and double check what findcruft reports, because it
10 only reports files that don't belong to an installed package. so it'll also
11 find some files in /etc/ und such.
12
13 > thanks in advance for your replies.
14 >
15 > --
16 > dott. ing. beso
19 Don't take life to seriously, you're not going to survive it anyway;)