From: Kristian Fiskerstrand <k_f@g.o>
To: gentoo-project <gentoo-project@l.g.o>, gentoo-announce@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-announce] Security Project: Removal of HPPA from supported architectures
Date: Sun, 13 May 2018 19:51:04
1 Gentoo Community,
2
3 According to the last events regarding HPPA architecture [1][2], the
4 Security Team has decided to drop HPPA from the Security Supported List
5 in the Vulnerability Treatment Policy[3].
6
7 This announce begins the official process of removal, we expect the
8 update from the website in the following days. We won't be releasing a
9 second announce once the website is updated, so we encourage developers
10 and users relying on the HPPA architecture to take the required
11 precautions as soon as possible.
12
13 The consequences of the removal of security supported architecture
14 include (i) GLSA will be released before a version of a package is
15 necessarily stable for the architecture (ii) architecture-specific
16 issues will not be investigated directly by the security team.
17
18 In addition to this announcement, glsa-check will be updated to present
19 necessary information for HPPA users. As most security issues are cross-
20 architecture, glsa-check will continue to be operational for HPPA based
21 on generic GLSAs for other architectures.
22
23 References:
24 [1] https://bugs.gentoo.org/629554
25 [2]
26 https://archives.gentoo.org/gentoo-dev/message/48d15ee5d1075a079685c11c81d261e8
27 [3]
28 https://www.gentoo.org/support/security/vulnerability-treatment-policy.html
29
30 for the Gentoo Security Project,
33 Kristian Fiskerstrand
34 OpenPGP keyblock reachable at hkp://pool.sks-keyservers.net
35 fpr:94CB AFDD 3034 5109 5618 35AA 0B7F 8B60 E3ED FAE3