From: Adam Elliott <aelliott@×××.EDU>
To: gentoo-announce@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-announce] Read Only file system.
Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2002 07:47:25
1 On Fri, 25 Jan 2002, Dan Armak wrote:
2
3 > On Friday 25 January 2002 14:46, you wrote:
4 > > Sorry for posting this here...
5 > >
6 > > I have just finished installing the base system. When I reboot, my / is
7 > > read-only and /boot doesn't seems to be mount properly (not mount at all).
8 > > Does anyone experience this problem?
9 > >
10 > /boot isn't mounted unles you do it yourself explicitly; this is a feature
11 > not a bug, so that your kernels/boot info can' be harmed by anything that
12 > happens to the rest of your system.
13
14 Since / is read-only, it indicates that something's not going right in
15 startup. Did you edit your /etc/fstab ? If so, is there a typo in there
16 somewhere? I had this exact problem this morning, coincidentally enough.
17
18 Hope this helps.
19 -Adam