From: Dan Armak <danarmak@g.o>
To: gentoo-announce@g.o, gentoo-dev@g.o, gentoo-user@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-announce] Announce: KDE 3.0.1 20020604 (3.0.x snapshot) available
Date: Thu, 06 Jun 2002 15:22:09

Hello everyone,

I'm now unmasking a new set of KDE ebuilds, version This is
the 3.0.1 release, patched to the 20020604 (i.e. June 4th) state of the kde
cvs's KDE_3_0 branch. In other words, this is the 3.0 release with all the
3.0.1 bugfixes and then some. It contains no new features from the kde cvs
head, only new bugfixes, so it's ultra-stable. Enjoy!

Note: the only ebuild-side change of this release is in the kdebindings
ebuild, which now has mozilla bindings support conditional on the mozilla USE

Note 2: In a day or two, a new QT ebuild of the same kind (i.e. with recent
bugfixes from the QT cvs and the kde cvs qt-copy module) will be released. In
particular, it will fix the drastic slowdown which caused qt 3.0.4 and to be masked on the ppc platform. Mark Guertin from the Gentoo-ppc
team is behind that.

Note 3: I'll soon commit a nice new kdevelop ebuild which will install the
long-lost C/CPP reference, precompiled kdelibs documentation and (I hope) a
workable htdig config file.

Note 4: Once I have some more free time (in a couple of weeks), I'll resume
active maintainership of the KDE cvs ebuilds. I'm glad they're of use to

Happy Gentooing!

- --
Dan Armak
Gentoo Linux developer (KDE)