From: Daniel Robbins <drobbins@g.o>
To: gentoo-announce@×××××××××××.net, gentoo-dev@×××××××××××.net, gentoo-user@×××××××××××.net
Subject: [gentoo-announce] bugs.gentoo.org and anonymous cvs access!
Date: Fri, 04 Jan 2002 00:51:44
1 Hi All,
2
3 Just wanted to let you know that we now have Bugzilla set up for bug reports.
4 You can find the gentoo.org Bugzilla at bugs.gentoo.org, and bugs.gentoo.org
5 can also be used to submit ebuilds. Simply select a "Gentoo Linux" product and
6 an "Ebuilds" component and attach your ebuild.
7
8 Also, we now have anonymous cvs access working! We don't yet support anonymous
9 cvs direct from the install CD (we will soon), but existing Gentoo Linux users
10 can easily switch over by typing the following commands as root:
11
12 # emerge dev-util/cvs
13 (if you haven't already)
14 # cd /usr
15 # export CVSROOT=:pserver:anonymous@g.o:/home/anoncvs
16 # cvs login
17 (password is empty)
18 # cvs co gentoo-x86
19 (you'll now have a gentoo-x86 directory in /usr)
20 # mv portage portage.old
21 (backing up old rsync portage dir)
22 # mv portage.old/distfiles gentoo-x86
23 (keeping all previously-downloaded sources)
24 # ln -s gentoo-x86 portage
25 (we now have an anoncvs /usr/portage!)
26
27 To update your sources, do this:
28 # cd /usr/portage
29 # cvs -q update -dP
30
31 Anoncvs is updated at the same interval as rsync -- every :20 and :50 of the
32 hour. cvs.gentoo.org's time is synchronized via NTP, and the update itself
33 normally takes a minute or so.
34
35 I'll be updating the Web site soon to reflect these changes.
36
37 Best Regards,
40 Daniel Robbins <drobbins@g.o>
41 Chief Architect/President http://www.gentoo.org