From: Daniel Robbins <drobbins@g.o>
To: gentoo-announce@×××××××××××.net, gentoo-dev@×××××××××××.net, gentoo-user@×××××××××××.net
Subject: [gentoo-announce] and anonymous cvs access!
Date: Fri, 04 Jan 2002 00:51:44
Hi All,

Just wanted to let you know that we now have Bugzilla set up for bug reports.
You can find the Bugzilla at, and
can also be used to submit ebuilds.  Simply select a "Gentoo Linux" product and
an "Ebuilds" component and attach your ebuild.

Also, we now have anonymous cvs access working!  We don't yet support anonymous
cvs direct from the install CD (we will soon), but existing Gentoo Linux users
can easily switch over by typing the following commands as root:

# emerge dev-util/cvs
(if you haven't already)
# cd /usr
# export CVSROOT=:pserver:anonymous@g.o:/home/anoncvs
# cvs login
(password is empty)
# cvs co gentoo-x86
(you'll now have a gentoo-x86 directory in /usr)
# mv portage portage.old
(backing up old rsync portage dir)
# mv portage.old/distfiles gentoo-x86
(keeping all previously-downloaded sources)
# ln -s gentoo-x86 portage
(we now have an anoncvs /usr/portage!)

To update your sources, do this:
# cd /usr/portage
# cvs -q update -dP

Anoncvs is updated at the same interval as rsync -- every :20 and :50 of the
hour.'s time is synchronized via NTP, and the update itself
normally takes a minute or so.

I'll be updating the Web site soon to reflect these changes.

Best Regards,

Daniel Robbins                                  <drobbins@g.o>
Chief Architect/President
Gentoo Technologies, Inc.