From: gentoo-announce-admin@××××××××××.org
To: gentoo-announce@g.o, gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-announce]Gentoo Linux 1.0_rc5 status update
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2001 13:16:01
Hi All,

Well, Gentoo Linux 1.0_rc5 is around the corner, but first... we need a
vacation. :)

Achim has been working really hard on our Portage tree, and right now
everything builds perfectly and all known build problems have been fixed for
our ~700 packages (Thanks Achim!).  In addition, we now have a prototype boot
CD that actually works.  So, we are _very_ close to the Gentoo Linux 1.0_rc5
release; everything is falling into place.

However, Achim is starting a new web company and has a lot of outstanding work
to complete; also, I have quite a few articles to write over here.  So, in
order to catch up on our consulting responsibilities, we'll be on "vacation"
from Gentoo Linux development for one week, starting today.  We'll resume work
on Gentoo Linux one week from now, on June 18th.  Since we have about one week
left of work before Gentoo Linux 1.0_rc5 is ready (mainly boot CD refinements
and package building), you can expect Gentoo Linux 1.0_rc5 to be released very
close to June 25th.  This date should be fairly accurate, since 95% of the
1.0_rc5 work is already complete and is sitting on CVS, waiting to be built.

Achim has tagged all the 1.0_rc5 stuff, so you can continue making improvements
to CVS without worry.  However, please try to hang out on #gentoo and answer
any gentoo-dev posts about your work (and any other questions, if you can.)

Best Regards,

Daniel Robbins					<drobbins@g.o>
Gentoo Technologies, Inc.