From: Daniel Robbins <drobbins@g.o>
To: gentoo-announce@g.o, gentoo-user@g.o, gentoo-core@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-announce] gentoo-sources-2.4.19-r1 released
Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2002 18:52:13
Hi All,

I've just released a brand-new gentoo-sources kernel.  Desktop users
will like this kernel because it is very very fast and include both the
lowlatency *and* preempt patches.  Server people will like this kernel
because it contains a number of nice security-related patches like
grsecurity, freeswan (ipsec) and cryptoapi.  Please note that this
kernel has no XFS in it.  I was able to really enhance this kernel
because I didn't have the huge XFS patch to get in the way.  A full
description of the patches included follows:

#   2.4.19-pre7-ac2 (with a fix for an ACPI compile problem)
#   grsecurity-1.9.4 (with a fix for NVIDIA compile problem)
#   2.4.19-pre7-low-latency
#   htb2 (QoS support)
#   preempt-kernel-rml-2.4.19-pre7-ac2-1.patch
#   preempt-stats-rml-2.4.19-pre5-ac3-1.patch
#   1000 HZ patch
#   from jp10 (
#       41_twofish-2.4.3.bz2
#       50_crypto-patch-int-
#       50_crypto-patch-int-
#       51_loop-jari-
#       90_freeswan-1.97.bz2
#   from aa:
#       00_3.5G-address-space-4 (from Andrea Archangeli)

Best Regards,

Daniel Robbins                                  <drobbins@g.o>
Chief Architect/President
Gentoo Technologies, Inc.