From: Marcus Martin <shalidor@××××××.com>
To: gentoo-announce@g.o
Cc: gnucashproblems@××××××××××××××××××××××××.com
Subject: [gentoo-announce] (no subject)
Date: Sun, 27 Jan 2002 12:11:30
1 Ack, my gnucash is not working. Everything installed correctly, then
2 when I executed the program I got the following error:
3
4 root@morwin portage # gnucash
5
6 It appears you do not have the 'slib' scheme library installed.
7 You need slib2c4 or later to run GnuCash.
8
9 Obtain slib at: http://swissnet.ai.mit.edu/~jaffer/SLIB.html
10
11 If you have slib installed, you may need to create
12 a symbolic link named 'slib' from the guile directory
13 (usually /usr/share/guile) to the directory where slib
14 is installed.
15
16 You may also need to run GnuCash once as root.
19 Some deprecated features have been used. Set the environment
20 variable GUILE_WARN_DEPRECATED to "detailed" and rerun the
21 program to get more information. Set it to "no" to suppress
22 this message.
23 root@morwin portage # export GUILE_WARN_DEPRECATED="detailed"
24 root@morwin portage # gnucash
25 `scm_sysintern' is deprecated. Use `scm_define' instead.
26 `scm_intern0' is deprecated. Use scm_define or scm_lookup instead.
27 `scm_intern' is deprecated. Use scm_c_define or scm_c_lookup instead.
28 `scm_protect_object' is deprecated. Use `scm_gc_protect_object' instead.
29
30 It appears you do not have the 'slib' scheme library installed.
31 You need slib2c4 or later to run GnuCash.
32
33 Obtain slib at: http://swissnet.ai.mit.edu/~jaffer/SLIB.html
34
35 If you have slib installed, you may need to create
36 a symbolic link named 'slib' from the guile directory
37 (usually /usr/share/guile) to the directory where slib
38 is installed.
39
40 You may also need to run GnuCash once as root.
41
42 root@morwin portage #
45 As you can tell, I ran it as root. I also have the slib library
46 installed. It is version 2.4.2 which is slib2d2. The actual error appear
47 to occur in libgw-runtime. What do I need to do to get gnucash running?
50 Marcus