From: Marcus Martin <shalidor@××××××.com>
To: gentoo-announce@g.o
Cc: gnucashproblems@××××××××××××××××××××××××.com
Subject: [gentoo-announce] (no subject)
Date: Sun, 27 Jan 2002 12:11:30
Ack, my gnucash is not working. Everything installed correctly, then
when I executed the program I got the following error:

root@morwin portage # gnucash

It appears you do not have the 'slib' scheme library installed.
You need slib2c4 or later to run GnuCash.

Obtain slib at: http://swissnet.ai.mit.edu/~jaffer/SLIB.html

If you have slib installed, you may need to create
a symbolic link named 'slib' from the guile directory
(usually /usr/share/guile) to the directory where slib
is installed.

You may also need to run GnuCash once as root.

Some deprecated features have been used.  Set the environment
variable GUILE_WARN_DEPRECATED to "detailed" and rerun the
program to get more information.  Set it to "no" to suppress
this message.
root@morwin portage # export GUILE_WARN_DEPRECATED="detailed"
root@morwin portage # gnucash
`scm_sysintern' is deprecated. Use `scm_define' instead.
`scm_intern0' is deprecated. Use scm_define or scm_lookup instead.
`scm_intern' is deprecated. Use scm_c_define or scm_c_lookup instead.
`scm_protect_object' is deprecated. Use `scm_gc_protect_object' instead.

It appears you do not have the 'slib' scheme library installed.
You need slib2c4 or later to run GnuCash.

Obtain slib at: http://swissnet.ai.mit.edu/~jaffer/SLIB.html

If you have slib installed, you may need to create
a symbolic link named 'slib' from the guile directory
(usually /usr/share/guile) to the directory where slib
is installed.

You may also need to run GnuCash once as root.

root@morwin portage #

As you can tell, I ran it as root. I also have the slib library
installed. It is version 2.4.2 which is slib2d2. The actual error appear
to occur in libgw-runtime. What do I need to do to get gnucash running?

Marcus