From: Ryan Thompson <ryan@××××××××××××.ws>
To: gentoo-announce@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-announce] Device File System
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2002 12:14:44
9 Jared H. Hudson wrote:
You need to enable experimental options, in order to see the devfs option, this
is under the first menuconfig category.

-Jared H.

Quoting John Copeland <johnc@××××.com>:

12. Installalling the kernel and system logger
says to enable the "Device File sysem" I can't find a reference to
DEVFS anywhere in the menuconfig. If I look at the .config file I find
CONFIG_DEVFS_FS is not set, CONFIG_DEVFS_MOUNT is not set immediately
after CONFIG_PROC_FS=y.

This is my 2nd run at this. The first compile would not work; said
kernel needs devfs and it wasn't compiled in.

Can someone help here? Am I missing something?

Thanks,
John Copeland