From: Daniel Robbins <drobbins@g.o>
To: gentoo-announce@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-announce] A personal request from Daniel Robbins
Date: Fri, 06 Sep 2002 15:00:18
1 Hi everyone,
2
3 As many of you know, I've spent the last couple of years writing
4 articles for IBM developerWorks in addition to leading the development
5 of the Gentoo Linux free software project.
6
7 What you may not know is that my IBM dW articles -- sold to a media
8 company which in turn resells them to IBM for a profit -- have been my
9 sole source of income over the last couple of years, and this source
10 now appears to be drying up.
11
12 Unfortunately, changes in IBM developerWorks' production schedule have
13 put me in a very precarious financial situation. Since I can no longer
14 depend upon a steady stream IBM dW article contracts as a means to
15 support myself and my family, I need to officially begin my search for
16 new work.
17
18 I'm hoping that you can help. Please let me know if you know of any
19 employment or contracting opportunities where my expertise could be put
20 to use. The work need not be prestigious, nor does the pay need to be
21 extravagant. If you know of any possibilities, please contact me at
22 drobbins@g.o.
23
24 Alternatively, if any company or companies would be willing to pay my
25 salary or a portion of my salary so that I could work on Gentoo Linux
26 full-time, this would of course be ideal. If you're able to assist in
27 this way, please email me.
28
29 Please note that the "Make a donation" link on our Web site at
30 http://www.gentoo.org allows you to donate funds to assist with
31 development-related hardware expenses, bandwidth costs and expenses
32 related to our .org presence at the LinuxWorld Expo 2003 in New York
33 City. I encourage you to donate to our developer expense fund if you are
34 able and willing.
35
36 Also, anyone who wants to use the "Make a donation" link to send money
37 to *me* personally must clearly indicate this in your donation comment.
38 Any donations without a "for Daniel Robbins" comment will be placed into
39 our normal development expense fund.
40
41 Best Regards,
44 Daniel Robbins